Fund Accounting Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom is seeking a Fund Accounting Manager for our Freedom Consumer Credit Fund (FCCF). This individual will oversee the accounting and financial reporting for this consumer credit hedge fund as part of the Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM). FFAM is a leading originator of unsecured consumer installment loans. With over $2.5B of lifetime originations and $1.4B of assets under management our business is growing rapidly. Our ideal candidate will bring their expertise as it relates to technical accounting to support our continued expansion and the increasing complexity of our business. This position will report directly to our Accounting Director for FFAM and is based at the company’s location in Tempe, AZ.
- Oversee compliance for securitization, fair value and consolidation principles.
- Support compliance for a SEC registered investment adviser
- Support and validate fund administrator financial records and resolve variances timely.
- Validate loan valuations supporting monthly NAV calculations.
- Assist with financial audits including reconciliation, support documentation, and communication with external auditors.
- Support the financial month end and annual close.
- Embrace the mindset of continuous improvement by identifying, collaborating and implementing best practices.
- Validate/compile material for investor performance.
- Assist in due diligence for equity investors. Capital record keeping, subscriptions, capital calls and distributions.
- Responsible for building a high performing team, overseeing career development and team engagement.
- Bachelor’s with an emphasis in accounting
- CPA required, MBA OR CFA a plus
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, particularly in ASC 810, ASC 860, ASC 820
- 7+ years supervisory oversight experience
- 7+ years of Financial Services Industry experience including securitization and consolidation principles
- Strong analytical skills and a detail orientated personality
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oomfafwT