Full Stack Developer (Platform)
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Are you excited to work on technologies like Go (Golang), TypeScript, React, and Cloud Infrastructure? Be part of new product development life cycle? If yes, then this is the opportunity you are looking for!
You'll be joining the new 'Platform Team' and will help build (ground up) new services and tools shared across the Freedom Financial Network Companies. An opportunity to participate in design, architecture, development and deployment of these new services. Full Stack product development involves working on micro-services and front-end components. You will find here a highly productive, collaborative, and innovative environment where your voice is heard.
- Implement well-designed web-based user interfaces using React
- Participate in the architecture of new micro-services for an enterprise level product
- Deliver high-quality code to production
- Collaborate with DevOps for cloud deployment
- Work closely in an agile team of product owner, engineers and scrum master in a collaborative environment
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience as a Software Engineer
- You have experience programming in TypeScript/Node.js, Go (Golang) or similar modern language/s
- You have designed, built, and maintained REST APIs for use in production and you have experience working with Open API standards like Swagger.
- You can solve problems quickly and independently
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous delivery, configuration management and tools is desired
- Knowledge of Microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is highly preferred but not required.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes highly preferred but not required
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: oZyQafwh