Financial Reporting Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join our Corporate Accounting team. You will function at the heart of our Accounting department and you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our reporting and auditing process, managing and facilitating Freedom’s phenomenal growth rate. Our ideal candidate will bring their expertise as it relates to consolidation GAAP accounting, ERP systems, and audit experience to support our continued expansion and the increasing complexity of our business. This position will report directly to our Corporate Accounting Director and is based at the company’s location in Tempe, AZ.
- Ensure compliance for technical accounting areas that impact consolidation reporting and financial services
- Oversee the corporate consolidation and internal/external reporting process for both month end and annual close
- Support the ERP implementation as a subject matter expert in accounting
- Partner with financial enterprise team on management of the financial systems structure and integrity
- Gather, analyze and summarize financial data, resolve issues and manage deadlines
- Prepare financial close package for monthly review meetings
- Assist with financial audits including reconciliation, support documentation, and communication with external auditors
- Develop and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with external auditors and cross-functional internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Corporate FP&A, Treasury, Legal and IT)
- Embrace the mindset of continuous improvement by identifying, collaborating and implementing best practices
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or systems
- CPA required (active or inactive status)
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, particularly in ASC 810, ASC 860, ASC 946
- Mastery of consolidation and elimination accounting principles and practices (U.S. GAAP)
- Strong experience in corporate consolidation reporting & ERP systems
- Audit based experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills and a detail orientated personality
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: ocjxafwW