Director of Social Media
Director of Social Media
Freedom Financial Network
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it "Best Places to Work". Whose customers say things like "they saved my marriage", "they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money," and "I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner."
We are looking for a seasoned, strategic and creative Director of Social Media who will define and lead our social media, community and content strategy to drive brand awareness and organic reach, build credibility and trust, and improve consumer engagement and consideration. Reporting to the VP Brand, you will direct all social media activities to support our transformation to a new brand identity and to build a leading consumer-focused, financial services brand that will make a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of consumers who want to improve their finances. You will develop breakthrough, shareable content for current and emerging social media platforms that will drive broad distribution, establish credibility, and demonstrate thought leadership. You will improve consumer engagement and consideration through targeted content production and distribution around social proof, educational content, and advocacy programs. You will build and lead a best-in-class Social Media and Community team to drive growth and insert our brand into the daily conversation about the financial challenges everyday Americans face.
To be successful in this role, you must have firsthand experience using social media to build consumer brands, lead the conversation, and mobilize customers, followers and employees to become passionate brand ambassadors. You must have a clear, strategic and creative social media vision, as well as a deep understanding of the systems and processes needed to make that vision a reality. Finally, you are a skilled, respected collaborator and are able to work closely with other leaders, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to amplify our brand and tell our story across organic channels.
- Define our social media strategy for social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, Social Influencer Campaigns, and Community Forums. Seek out emerging platforms where we can connect with our target audience and build our brand.
- Develop a pipeline of breakthrough content to drive brand awareness, broad organic distribution, and follower growth. Test aggressively, identify a playbook, and optimize content to drive virality.
- Expand our social audience by developing compelling content to increase followers and engagement. Mobilize employees, current customers, followers, and brand ambassadors to promote and amplify content.
- Build a client advocacy program to engage customers and amplify their voices on owned and earned channels. Collect, curate and amplify relatable, authentic customer stories and integrate UGC across organic and paid media.
- Develop relevant, newsworthy content to insert our brand into conversations around consumer finances and debt. Promote content via organic social media and owned channels.
- Develop and promote high-appeal branded content and experiences such as articles, videos, podcasts and webinars to establish relevance and build trust.
- Develop educational content that addresses consumer questions and handles objections with transparent, authentic, and credible "how-it-works" content. Leverage customers and virtual event/town hall strategies to drive consideration.
- Support Corporate Comms initiatives around thought leadership, employer branding, and PR. Promote media coverage, executive leaders, case studies, testimonials, awards and accolades, and corporate content in organic/owned channels.
- Support internal comms and employer branding initiatives with employee-facing content to promote employee engagement, retention and recruitment.
- Forge strong, collaborative and effective relationships with partners in Brand Marketing, Corporate Comms, Growth Creative, and Lifecycle Marketing to drive integrated storytelling with social media content.
- Build a best-in-class Social and Community team with expertise in social media distribution and growth, social media channel management, production, content strategy, and content marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, media, writing, or production.
- 10+ years relevant experience in paid/earned social media marketing and creative development.
- Demonstrated success leveraging social media, influencer programs, content marketing, and online communities to drive growth. Fluent in social media platforms strategy, best practices, functionality, technology, and algorithms.
- Relevant social media experience in consumer financial services a plus - in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Track record of exceptional leadership. Able to build a team of top talent to deliver innovative, high-performing organic content. Your team members love you and are inspired to do their best work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills -- written and verbal.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- Positive, collaborative team leader and team member who can work closely with, empower, and influence other leaders and stakeholders.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2 nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible time off (no cap)
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This position is available in San Mateo.