Director of Performance Marketing - Paid Social
Who we are
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom’s mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as “The Freedom Family”) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network is looking for a data-driven Director of Performance Marketing, Paid Social. They will plan and execute paid social campaigns across a range of channels and identify new opportunities to scale performance, attribution, and business success. The ideal candidate is a strategic paid social expert, data-driven manager with a creative lens and a proven track record of delivering results and earning trust with cross-functional teams and leadership. They will have experience setting direction for a Paid Social portfolio at largest possible scale and can actualize strategies that drive ROI through their own work and by leading others.
The right candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and collaborative environment and has a passion for performance marketing.
Your responsibilities and focus area:
- Be responsible for the vision, strategy and execution of acquisition campaigns across all the major social platforms - Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Optimize and aggressively grow a 7 figure monthly spend, while maintaining ROAS
- Execute full funnel digital marketing campaigns including strategy, ad creation, bidding, budgeting, optimization, and reporting
- Work with data and analytics teams to implement best measurement frameworks, mine deeper insights and run A/B and multivariate tests to iterate into new ideas
- Partner with the creative to drive ROI through rigorous and systematic creative and narrative testing, focused on optimization and testing new approaches
- Partner with the digital product team to drive projects to engage and convert traffic as efficiently as possible (e.g., landing page testing, CRO, etc.)
- Lead the development of best-in-class paid social campaigns, building strategic and innovative plans to deliver performance-based results and drive significant business revenue
To be successful in this role, you need to be a natural problem solver, who can think strategically and execute swiftly while collaborating with cross-functional teams. You love putting structure to chaos and embody a strong growth mindset to push yourself, the team and the organization forward in creative ways.
- You are strategic, have a bias towards action and are a self-starter.
- Team oriented, you can collaborate effectively across functions and inspire action by driving strong alignment and coordination
- You are data driven, adept at mining data for hidden insights and drive curiosity around the “why” behind the “what”.
- You are hungry, want to take risks and learn by doing
- 10+ years’ experience in managing user acquisition/growth campaigns, with at least 3 years leading a high-performance digital marketing team.
- Proven ability to manage and grow acquisition focused social programs at scale ($3mn+/month). You know how to drive ROI at scale. Must have.
- You have deep expertise and passion for paid advertising in Facebook, twitter and other social platforms. You love to geek out around how these platforms/algorithms work.
- You are data driven and are hands on with analysis on channel performance, identify optimization opportunities and use data to inform business decisions.
- You understand the power of creative and downstream CRO and have instrumented collaborative processes with the creative, content and product team.
- Technical knowledge of web marketing tools, such as pixels, tags and landing pages
- Experience in financial services industry is a plus
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- We push the envelope every day. Be an active part of a dynamic team that is at the cutting edge of modern-day performance marketing.
- Work alongside high-energy (and fun!), results-driven teammates with strong work ethic
- Have the best of both worlds be part of a high-growth entrepreneurial culture that has sufficient resources to invest in doing the right things.
- Have a direct impact on the community. The work you do will enable thousands of Americans to have a path to sustainable financial freedom.
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!