Director of Engineering - Dallas
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our rapidly-growing engineering organization. As a seasoned industry leader, you’ll be overseeing the growth and development of a team building a suite of products and experiences to help consumers improve their financial situation. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building high-performing teams, great products, and collaborative working relationships. In addition, you will be a key partner to our talent acquisition/recruiting team as we build out a talent hub in the Dallas area. You’ll join us in our relentless honing of the craft of software development: learning and integrating modern technologies, adopting and adapting processes and best practices, and leveraging the benefits of automation. We are a passionate, fast-moving organization, and we are looking to find talented, high agency individuals who can help us continue to learn and grow.
- Define the technical strategy and execution for Freedom’s new suite of consumer product experiences and applications
- Define and improve the processes and operational model to allow teams to operate at their peak effectiveness in a highly-collaborative environment
- Partner with Freedom’s Talent Acquisition team to recruit, hire, coach, and develop high performing engineers and teams
- Articulate and evangelize a technical vision in collaboration with leaders across the company
- Partner with the cross-functional team and leadership team to identify new product and business opportunities
- Proactively communicate and align with stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrates strong product sensibilities and business acumen when building and shipping consumer products
- A people-first leader, invested in the growth, development, and personal success of their team
- Proven track record of attracting talent and leading high-performance engineering teams at different stages
- Has a strong technical background and detailed knowledge of a diverse set of architectures, web-based technologies, mobile (native) platforms, modern front-end technology stacks, and continuous integration and deployment methodologies
- Preferred experience operating, scaling, and maintaining React, node.js, and React Native applications in a production environment
- Passion for helping everyday Americans to do better financially
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Be a part of a company that is disrupting the financial services industry for the good of everyday people.
- Create and scale a new group within an organization that continues to grow year over year.
- Drive significant value to a rapidly growing organization in a high-profile position.
- Work with people who are passionately committed to providing innovative financial solutions.
- Competitive benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid time-off for volunteer work
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.