Director of Data Analytics (2 Positions Open)
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Our ultimate goal is to make data-driven decisions the core of everything we do in debt settlement, leveraging strategic use of transactional, behavioral, and market data across all aspects of product and operations.
In this exceptional leadership opportunity, you will lead the Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) Operations Analytics team to establish a strategy that makes data and data-driven solutions a core competency of our business, build an organizational discipline around using data to continuously improve customer experience, debt negotiations, inventory prioritization, creditor relations, payment operations, and personalization.
In addition to leading a world-class team, you will debate and influence business and technical strategies to help us solidify Freedom’s top spot in debt settlement industry.
- Encourage and lead your team to deliver data, strategic and novel analytics/data science approaches that help optimize Freedom's settlement operations strategy and guide ongoing product decisions.
- Work closely with Freedom’s operations and data executive team to help set strategy, represent FDR analytics, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Recruit and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that span data analytics, data engineering, analytics tooling, and modeling.
- Develop analytics roadmaps, establishing key milestones and deliverables.
- Deliver innovative data-related solutions.
- Ensure data is reliable, consistent, accessible, secure and timely to support our mission and operating cadence.
- Ensure consistent reporting of KPIs and documentation, including technical definitions and their business applications.
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative.
- Lead strong partnerships with FDR ops/product/engineering
- Business lines supporting analytics for: payment operations, negotiations, and customer service.
Your background and characteristics:
- You have 10+ years of experience building and leading business intelligence, analytics and/or data science teams comprising of data analysts, data visualization engineers, and/or data scientists and are adept at figuring out ways to help them flourish.
- You enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level, including interacting with other leaders on complex issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions.
- You have a deep technical background in analytics, applied data science, and reporting spanning some or all of: analytics, statistics, experimentation, modeling, optimization techniques, data engineering & architecture, and behavioral analytics.
- You have a B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- You are skilled at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines.
- You bring a new and diverse perspective. You have exceptional communication skills. You are articulate with both technical and business partners.
- You create effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics. You are an active listener. You are strong across written communication as well as oral presentations.
- You are naturally conscious of who needs to know what, and proactively seek to share important context accordingly.
- You are enthusiastic about Freedom’s culture.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oyg0afwI