Director of Business Development
As Director of Business Development, you will join a high-performance team focused on targeting new accounts in the U.S. These strategic partnerships will provide financial products from debt relief to personal loan options to consumers while meeting revenue growth targets for FFN. As Director of Business Development, your success is based on a competitive drive and your ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Partnering closely with other leaders, you will support the Freedom Debt Relief, Consolidation / Personal Loans, and HELOC lines of business.
The Director of Business Development is an individual contributor that plays a key role in developing and executing the sales strategy for key prospect targets. You will also be the external face of the company attending conferences and trade shows and securing key meetings. Our ideal candidate is results-driven and a true ‘hunter’ type with meticulous follow-up and motivated to "close deals".
As Director of Business Development, you will be intimately involved in the full sale cycle from identifying & engaging key accounts, setting up sales presentations to contract negotiations. Your persistence and trust-based style will be essential for closing large deals at the C-Suite level.
You will engage third-party resources that provide unique contacts and context for certain strategic partnerships. Those engagements could be focused on specific partner categories (ex. financial services / Fintech, insurance/employee benefits, and affinity groups) or high-value partners that serve key communities (ex., senior citizens, and military families).
- Persistent & experienced "hunter" with demonstrated ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, penetrate large targets (5-9 month sales cycle) in B2B2C or B2C- Track record of closing 8-12 significant deals per year
- Established network in any of the key verticals (Affinity Groups and Insurance) and track record of expertise & success in developing strategic partnerships in that vertical
- 5 + years proven negotiator at the C-suite level with a minimum of 2 years of strategic partnership experience
- Develop and manage a robust, active, and relevant prospect pipeline
- Meticulous, timely follow-up and engagement with all prospects
- Detailed preparation and research/profiling on every prospect in order to truly understand their business needs, objectives, and where Freedom may be most relevant
- Strong analytical skills to financially model opportunities; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proven relationship builder and deal negotiator
- Competitive spirit and drive to win.
- An experienced sales professional who seeks collaboration with colleagues to "close the deal."
- BA degree required, MBA a plus
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible time off (no cap)
- 10 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.