Director, Negotiations Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Director, Negotiations Operations is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Negotiations agent-based operational (DWA) teams. Responsible to achieve and maintain monthly settlement goals that directly correlate to the revenue targets within the fiscal budgets. The incumbent will identify and develop the strategic and tactical goals departmentally to ensure optimal performance, operating in compliance with industry standards and guidelines.
- Develop short and long term goals and objectives that are aligned to the overall strategic goals for the company.
- Create and execute a strategy to optimize agent work delivery and agent performance, increasing settlement unit volumes that deliver on fiscal budget expectations.
- With a coaching and development based leadership style, engage and motivate staff to meet and exceed monthly goals and objectives.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained to meet the business needs of the department and partner with Talent Acquisition to continually improve recruiting outcomes.
- Build and execute effective change management strategies as needed.
- Effectively work and communicate with all levels of management, including executive management, to gain cooperation and effectively drive cross-functional teams.
- Continue to stay up to date on the pulse of the industry.
- Responsible for report functionality for the day-to-day operations of negotiations, the settlement processing team, client relations coordinators, as well as the settlement problem liaison teams.
- Develop all departmental policy and procedures to ensure quality of work and results.
- Minimize exceptions for revenue control.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respects to matters of significance.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in progressively complex roles and responsibilities, in customer or technical support functional positions (e.g., Sales or Collections Director), including call center experience, in middle or senior management capacities.
- Senior-level management experience in a fast-changing, fluid business environment; adaptable to changes in operations, philosophies, programs, etc; able to lead others to accept change.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Customer service-based philosophy.
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line.
- Experience with multiple technology solutions
- Must partner with ownership and management to communicate HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.
Job Reference #: octqafwZ