Director, Internal Communications
Director, Internal Communications
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, the Director of Internal Communications will be a leader in the growing Communications Department. You will develop and execute an internal communications strategy that bolsters Freedom Financial Network’s culture, connects employees to one another and leadership and inspires teammates as they grow the business. This role will understand management priorities and assist leaders stay close to ideas, concerns and opportunities from all employees.
The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects flawlessly and will provide leadership support to team members.
This role is right for you if you are:
A proven internal communications strategist who is happy to roll up sleeves and participate in day-to-day communications development. Passionate about building a "best place to work" environment and telling the stories of what makes Freedom Financial Network great.
- Oversee a comprehensive internal communications strategy and be responsible for the development, execution and measurement of programs and tactics.
- Be an expert storyteller and skilled writer and editor who brings the internal narrative of Freedom Financial Network to life.
- Bring innovative thinking, creative ideas and best practices into everything you do.
- Manage a small but mighty team and provide leadership and growth opportunities.
- Oversee intranet development and editorial calendar in conjunction with cross-functional leadership team and ensure that metrics are reviewed regularly for best practice updates.
- Develop and refine messaging, including executive emails, briefing documents, intranet articles and executive presentations.
- Work alongside HR in support of recruitment efforts and recruiter branding as we grow the company
- Oversee and contribute to key employee events and engagement vehicles - including quarterly All Hands meetings, weekly newsletters, departmental meetings, etc.
- Support HR-lead internal communications around "Return to Workplace" efforts, "Best Place To Work" accolades strategies and other key initiatives.
- Amplify communications in support of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to bring greater attention to employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion programs.
- Implement email measurement tool for reporting on open rates and click throughs.
- Be a brand ambassador internally and externally.
What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned internal communications professional with 10+ years of experience, ideally having worked in financial services or a nimble start-up environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic storytelling, writing and editing, project management, planning and execution, change management.
- Stellar written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle various projects simultaneously under deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Management and team building experience, helping to create a strong team dynamic while developing individual’s careers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related area preferred.
- Strong understanding of key technology and communications tools, including PowerPoint, Google Docs, as well as a willingness and ability to embrace new tools.
- Crisis management experience is a plus.
Why Join the Freedom Family?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees!
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday