Director, Human Resources (HR)
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) is looking for a strategically-minded Human Resources leader with a proven track record of success and the ability to lead the company’s efforts to grow and nurture a high-performing team. This new position will be responsible for driving strategic HR initiatives and simultaneously being a “hands on” leader who quickly grasps the details of tactical execution. You will lead, coach and develop a team of HR Business Partners focused on driving the overall talent strategy in a fast based, rapidly scaling company. The ideal candidate is also highly analytical and has proven success leveraging data and metrics to inform and drive overall talent engagement and retention improvement.
Reporting to the SVP, Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources will connect FFN’s strategic direction to its human capital needs in a way that is consistent with the Company’s culture and values.
Freedom Financial Network is looking for a dynamic Director, Human Resources to join our Human Resources team supporting a fast growing business. In this role, you will provide strategic HR leadership to our business and lead key talent retention activities including employee relations, performance management, organizational integration and culture building. You will be a working with all levels of leadership to drive excellent service across all HR-related functions as we continue to drive a performance based business.
- Collaborate with the business leadership, including VPs and C-Suite, and SVP Human Resources to establish HR plans and solutions for the business client organizations to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- This role will own and drive programs to completion, learn the business and anticipate, recommend and champion people strategy.
- Partner with senior leaders and their teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that cultivate growth, innovation and organizational effectiveness. This includes taking ownership for creating, building and implementing programs, processes and tools to help set up managers and employees for success.
- This position is fast-paced and the needs of the business are ever changing. You must be nimble and adaptable.
- Assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, career development and leadership development as well as drive the appropriate solutions in these areas.
- Lead performance management efforts to ensure that managers and employees understand Freedom’s strategic objectives and goals.
- Provide HR leadership to a team of business partners including coaching, mentoring and professional development for the team.
- Partner with business leadership to identify opportunities to attract, develop and retain people to achieve their fullest potential across a fast growing business.
- Coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations for a wide range of issues.
- Leverage data and metrics to inform and drive talent strategies such as engagement and retention.
- Support the analysis and facilitation of leadership and cultural initiatives. Use influence and coaching skills to cultivate a culture that reflects our core values.
- Act as liaison between employees and leaders to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies and practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and enjoy navigating leaders through a variety of organizational changes.
- Proven success at owning initiatives from start to finish as well as leading a team of HR professionals in a dynamic, fast-growing organization.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with different levels of the organization, across multiple locations, to achieve results.
- 7 + years of leadership experience and a proven track record of developing a highly effective HR Business Partner team.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and best practices as well as experience in developing, executing and maintaining HR projects and programs.
- Strong ability to diagnose problems using critical thinking skills and identifying and driving appropriate solutions.
- High-energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Job Reference #: ozUfafwC