Director, Employee Benefits
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative and highly collaborative Director, Employee Benefits to join our rapidly scaling company as we continue our journey through a large-scale digital transformation and growth strategy. In this position, you will provide leadership and direction as it relates to employee health and welfare benefit programs that help position Freedom Financial Network as a competitive player in today’s complex talent market. This includes the design, funding, administration and communication that puts "people first", drives business results, and is understood and valued by our teammates. This is a very hands-on leadership role with high visibility at every level of the organization.
Leveraging your experience in high growth organizations that include a presence in the Bay Area and other competitive talent markets, you’ll build a team that will support across the enterprise working alongside leaders at every level. The Director, Employee Benefits reports to the VP, Total Rewards and will have strong alignment with Talent Acquisition, HR and the broader Total Rewards team.
The perfect candidate will bring a "Business Partner" mindset and thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm. If you are creative and passionate and want to work with like-minded people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How you’ll contribute and make a meaningful impact:
- Play a key role in executing a company-wide benefits strategy that aligns with and supports Freedom Financial Networks great culture and ambitious business objectives.
- Evolve and scale the practices related to leave of absence (LOA), reasonable accommodation and ergonomic support programs to support company growth while ensuring our actions embody how we care for our employees. Key deliverables include developing easy-to-understand education and processes, designing guidelines that help align the parties involved and provide balanced guidance to key stakeholders.
- Partner with our broader Total Rewards team and brokers to propose, review and implement benefits program plans that are innovative, cost-responsible and truly meaningful to Freedom Financial Network employees.
- Support our HR Shared Services team by helping develop scalable processes, creating effective communication materials to enable employee self-service, and educate entry-level HR employees so they can resolve a large percentage of general benefits inquiries.
- Serve as a trusted resource for complex benefits problems.
- Keep the "pulse" of employee feedback and external factors that impact our program offerings and recommend changes.
- Remain current on benefit plans including compliance, trends and technical knowledge, including self-funded plans.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefit programs including health & welfare, 401(k), wellness initiatives with measurable ROI, pay for time off and more. Partner with a Benefits Analyst to manage compliance requirements such as Form 5500 and 401K audit.
- Identify and reduce day-to-day obstacles that erode a positive employee experience and\or decrease the quality or efficiency of our administrative processes.
- Drive the annual open enrollment process, involved in all phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication plan, conducting employee meetings, etc.
This role is right for you if you are:
- Comfortable taking a hands-on approach to managing the benefits team and being skillful in mentoring and growing talent.
- Effective at project management, organization, and prioritization when executing on impactful initiatives.
- Successful at developing communication plans that are informative, professional and engaging.
- Confident and compassionate when engaging the workforce from top to bottom.
- Able to influence others and cultivate productive vendor relationships.
- Known as a leader in employee engagement who demonstrates at a high level of integrity.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you embrace ambiguity and get the right things done.
- Thrilled to be and confident to thrive in a fast-paced growing organization.
- Action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging.
- Excited to bring a ‘whatever it takes" mindset to take on projects - no matter how big or how small.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-10+ years of experience in benefits design and plan administration to include multi-state programs.
- Direct benefits oversight required.
- Intermediate level Excel and Google Workspace.
- Familiarity with HRIS system configuration.
- Track record of overseeing effective leave of absence (LOA), ergonomic and reasonable accommodation programs which included a high percentage of non-exempt employees.
- Effective cross-functional communication in solving problems and addressing roadblocks.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to on-time completion with confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup-paced environment.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.