Director, Diversity and Inclusion
At Freedom Financial Network, we believe diversity and inclusion broaden our perspective and our capabilities. As our Director, Diversity and Inclusion, you will be an influencer, a thought leader, and an agent of change. Your leadership, contributions, and strategic initiatives will strengthen our community, as well as our vision of a supportive workplace and culture where all can thrive. Your primary objective will be to build partnerships and relationships to influence and manage change to support diversity and inclusion throughout the organization. Secondly, you will create diversity and inclusion initiatives across our growing organization. These initiatives will engage and affect every employee. We want everyone in the community to bring his or her unique background and perspective to the table.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who has the experience and history of success to function as an advocate and confidant to our leadership and employees at all levels. The strategies and programs you create, foster, and measure will reflect the proud culture at the organization. The year 2022 marks our 20th Anniversary, and we are positioned to grow and innovate to new levels in the years to come. With your leadership on diversity and inclusion efforts, we will deepen our long-standing reputation as a Best Place to Work.
How You Will Contribute:
- Work with senior leadership to develop a strategic diversity and inclusion plan with key initiatives and goals across the company
- Build the organization’s reputation as a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Establish a brand focused on diversity and inclusion to attract more women and underrepresented groups as candidates for employment
- Encourage and moderate open and practical conversation to lead departments and teams to a greater understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Serve as an advisor and leader to our Employee Resource Groups
- Identify and develop partnerships with outside speakers, experts, and other resources
- Ensuring that our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in business processes and programs, including hiring, retention, and progression across all levels
- Benchmarking the organization’s efforts and progress in diversity and inclusion with best-in-class organizations
- Creating KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of D&I initiatives and measure diversity performance against targeted objectives.
What You Will Bring:
- 10 years’ diversity and inclusion experience or related experience
- Ability to effectively build partnerships and influence stakeholders
- Ability to navigate a growing firm while maintaining cultural awareness and flexibility
- Proven ability to make an impact and to collaborate with others
- Proven ability to build D&I strategy and a robust plan for execution
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to build and sustain positive relationships at all levels
- Organizational skills with proven program management capabilities; ability to work on multiple key projects at a time
- A passion for maintaining and further cultivating high-touch, high-culture workplaces
- BA degree required
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral, a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, and one of Phoenix Business Journal’s 2022 Healthiest Employers, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.