Director - Credit-Based Marketing
About the Role:
Effectively identifying and targeting clients to present customers with the most compelling and appropriate offer is central to our success. Whether through client partnerships, referrals from aggregators, social media advertising, email, or direct mail marketing, being able to identify prospects, and gather accurate data to determine the right product/rate/offer combination is crucial.
We continually seek to expand our reach and deliver appropriate solutions for Everyday Americans who are struggling and striving to improve their financial health. And we recognize that improving how we obtain, manage, and utilize data is critical to that expansion. Freedom has embarked on a Credit-Based Marketing journey that relies on broadening our ability to access data (both credit and non-credit) and simultaneously developing the technical ecosystem to utilize that information to maximum effectiveness in our marketing campaigns.
We seek a strong leader to oversee our Credit-Based Marketing capabilities, expand our access to timely, accurate data, and deliver enterprise value and optimal execution across Freedom’s product solutions. To be successful, you are someone who has successfully defined and managed mar-tech ecosystems in complex, regulated environments. You can articulate strategy, plans, and requirements driving understanding and alignment among business partners & vendors to achieve a common goal. You are comfortable and highly effective in bridging gaps between IT, Analytics, Marketing, Credit Risk, Product, Sales, and Business constituents to help find common ground, drive clarity, and promote understanding across teams.
You have experience and a thorough understanding of various marketing channels (e.g. direct, partners, and digital) - so the capabilities you develop are actionable and effective. You have deep knowledge of working with the credit bureaus and with credit data so you can speak the same language as our credit risk and underwriting partners. You are accustomed to working closely with internal and external partners to define business and technology needs in support of data-driven strategies.
- Drive profitable growth through a holistic data-driven understanding of our customers, an accurate assessment of future behaviors, and targeted personalization, while creating long-term customer value
- Manage enterprise-level relationships with credit bureaus and other data vendors. A key facilitator of bureau initiatives across the organization to streamline the delivery of credit-based marketing into our existing systems and processes
- Own and execute the enterprise-wide credit-based marketing strategy, including martech evaluation and deployment that supports direct marketing campaigns, 3rd party data access and evaluation, model development, and strategic and exploratory analytics
- Collaborate with marketing channel managers to leverage 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data to more effectively market the right product to the right person at the right time with the right message and offer
- Collaborate with data science, credit risk, marketing, and sales teams to drive improvements in the usefulness of credit-based targeting models by testing data enhancement, data sources, and understanding incremental value across channels
- Oversee data scrums that are charged with the responsibility to identify and test attributes and variables that improve our predictive modeling and drive business value
- Partner with our credit risk team to expand the credit-eligible population and enhance underwriting models to analyze lead characteristics and present personalized offers at the pre-qualification stage
- Work with channel managers - sales, partners, email, DM, digital - to identify and target actionable audience segments and where credit-based data can improve our effectiveness for existing as well as prospective customers across all relevant channels
- Provide thought leadership around the use of internal and external alternative data to improve the strength of our targeting and underwriting models, fostering a culture of ongoing testing, optimization, and continuous improvement
- Articulate and drive initiatives for continual improvement in data acquisition, utilization, and deployment across Marketing channels
- Define and manage a systematic process for sourcing, vetting, evaluating, testing, and deploying new high-value data sources that improve the effectiveness of our modeling
- Partner with the Product team to define a streamlined user acquisition path for pre-screened customers, receiving first or second presentment firm offers of credit, to access their offer and enroll
- Partner with Product to integrate credit-based data into the CRM system
- Partner with Data Team & Marketing Analytics on CDP management and usage, starting with credit data
- Work with Credit Analytics to ensure alignment of targeting and credit product + U/W throughout the CX
Requirements/Characteristics: The Director of Credit-Based Marketing will be an important leader in our organization and will report to the Vice President of Credit-Based Marketing. The platform you develop and the capabilities you establish will be critical strategic levers for Freedom that have the potential to drive substantial revenue growth and create significant enterprise value
- A minimum of seven years of experience in marketing, risk, analytics, and/or product, ideally with experience managing credit bureau relationships and interacting with high-volume, high-frequency direct marketing campaigns for financial products or other highly regulated consumer products
- Deep experience working at or directly managing credit bureau relationships
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge of the credit-based data environment and experience using credit and alternative data to develop underwriting strategies and/or marketing campaigns
- Experience working with marketing technology and deployment of ML-driven marketing campaigns
- Strong business acumen coupled with outstanding analytic, project management, and communication skills
- Experience driving and overseeing improvement, technology deployment, implementation, and adoption of new systems in demanding environments
- A can-do attitude, always looking to drive improvement of processes through continuous testing and optimization
- A passion for achieving results through leading and leading cross-functional teams
- Curiosity and creative problem-solving skills and a desire to continuously improve
- An upbeat, optimistic, and infectious personality with a growth mindset
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
Finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms:
We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.