Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards, the Compensation Director will effectively partner with leadership to ensure the alignment of design initiatives with business goals and objectives across base compensation, variable pay, equity and related analytics. This position is responsible for leading the development and delivery of progressive and strategic compensation solutions, including executive compensation. This position leads the development and administration of all compensation plans, policies and programs targeted at retaining the company's competitive position and maximizing associates' productivity, associates' engagement and retention. This position is also responsible for supporting related people analytics and reporting accountabilities (Oracle) associated with the compensation offerings/programs to develop business insights that drive business strategy. This position can be remote with some travel to our locations in the future.
- Design, execute and measure Company compensation strategy.
- Gather, analyze and leverage internal data and external/competitive insights to identify opportunities for competitive differentiation.
- Promote proactive compensation strategies and drive understanding of practices across the executive/manager and employee base, establish key initiatives, and communicate insights & recommendations to Executive Leadership that enhance current offerings and/or best manage cost.
- Establish mechanisms to measure, track, and report on compensation and benefits metrics (both direct/in-house and via the partnerships with vendors); develop and enable the capabilities of the executive and leadership team to consistently and effectively deliver the total compensation offering and the value proposition.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for the incoming candidate and existing employee experience across the business to drive attraction and retention.
- Will plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs.
- Provides expert counsel in the development of annual variable incentive compensation and other applicable incentive plans, and effective salary management, aligned to our total rewards philosophy.
- Working with other HR leaders designs and coordinates the communications of all the compensation plans.
- Manages the company's equity-based compensation plans for its executives.
- Responsible for administration and overall quality and consistency of client service provided by the function.
- Develop, review, and implement compensation programs that affect employees company wide, including sales, and short-term & long-term incentive plans.
- Develops and disseminates effective and clear communications regarding compensation, benefits and HRIM programs/processes. (i.e. Oracle, Xactly, Shareworks)
- Optimizes HRIM systems to meet workforce requirements creating opportunities for improvements and automation.
- Prepares materials for any necessary reporting and filings as they relate to compensation
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in compensation including equity and variable pay programs.
- Working closely with the VP, Total Rewards, SVP HR, SVP Finance and other key stakeholders to develop executive compensation and benefit programs, gains management support and prepare annual, executive compensation proposals for the Compensation Committee approval.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.