Director, Capital Markets
Are You Ready to Take Off With Us?
Caring for each other and our customers, acting with integrity, and collaborating are at the core of what it means to work at Freedom Financial Network (FFN). At FFN, we’re on a mission to improve the financial futures of the average hard-working American. We are using our combination of 20 years of experience along with groundbreaking expansion into the fintech space, to make us unstoppable! If you’re feeling unstoppable, come join us!
As Director of Capital Markets, you will work closely with key leaders in the business and be a part of the team responsible for all aspects of capital markets, including sourcing, closing and managing funding relationships. This role will be critical to the future success of our organization by acting as the intermediary between a lending institution and Freedom Financial Network.
How You Can Contribute:
- Execute consumer ABS/MBS deals, with a focus on developing the bond investors base and expanding and improving rating agencies coverage to optimize execution. Conceptualize and structure innovative securitization transactions.
- Source, negotiate and execute warehouse facilities to optimize our cost of capital and maintain funding targets.
- Help raise new equity capital for the advisory business funding vehicles by actively communicating performance and preparing materials for potential investors.
- Lead and manage relationships with counter-parties including bank partners, investors, rating agencies and external counsel.
- Develop whole loan buyer pipeline, assist buyers through diligence process, negotiate docs and close buying commitments.
- Contribute strategic analysis and insights on new opportunities outside of consumer ABS/MBS including new lending product ideas and potential M&A.
- Collaborate internally with product, finance, credit and operations teams to provide a capital markets perspective into the FP&A and business strategy processes.
- Help build and manage a team in a rapidly scaling company.
Our Core Values:
Care (for everyone)
Get Better (every day)
Act with Integrity (every time)
Collaborate (with everybody)
What You Bring to the Table:
- 8+ years of experience in investment banking, debt markets and related analytical finance roles.
- Strong understanding of financial debt instruments and ABS/MBS structured products.
- Outstanding organizational skills and desire to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Masters and/or CFA designation is helpful.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as technical and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel every quarter
- Knowledge of consumer lending products and fintech landscape
- Experience with capital markets transactions, especially structured finance
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral, a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, and one of Phoenix Business Journal’s 2022 Healthiest Employers, to name a few.