Data Product Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This "Heart + $" philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are aggressively growing our newest business, Lendage, which provides mortgage products to consumers. Since launching in the middle of 2019, Lendage has grown rapidly and has now achieved initial scale. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching and planning for reduced production. As Lendage enters its next stage of growth, we require a significant expansion of our capabilities in data platform modernization.
The Data Product Manager will impact the business on an advanced level by enabling the executive team with key information that will influence business initiatives. In this role, you will hold the product vision, gather requirements, prioritize execution and evangelize the data platform with business users and executives. This is an individual contributor role, but requires excellent cross-functional leadership skills to succeed. We are building a BI platform to provide a single and consistent source of truth in a fast-growing organization , and will do so with:
- Best in breed technology - Google Big Query & Tableau
- Small, smart team of engineers and analysts
- Well executed dashboards, self-service modules, data backed services , alerting and real-time monitoring tools
- Evangelizing the incremental business value to aid platform adoption
- Owning decisions on the BI & Data product road-map and what to roll out
- Evolution of data platform for analytics and data backed services
- Prioritize and lead BI Engineering and Analyst team through daily and weekly check-ins
- Transform the way business users consume data and insights through data standardization best practices, metadata management, well-designed dashboards, self-service modules, alerting and real time monitoring tools
- Work collaboratively within your product team and with other teams to deliver valuable and informative decision-making tools to business
- Evangelize customer needs, problems and feedback throughout the organization
- Be a strategic partner and be able to influence with wide cross functional team of business users, analysts, and engineers
- 5+ years of relevant experience in either Data Warehouse Engineering or Business Intelligence, ideally in a consumer facing data driven organization
- Proven experience at delivering data solutions that have driven business value-preferably in a small to medium sized company where you have participated in and/or lead the initial startup of a BI platform
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with modern BI tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Data warehousing concepts, Data architecture, and ETL
- You can communicate effectively with executives, engineers and analysts when it comes to defining metrics, designing solutions and providing insights
- You can make pragmatic trade-offs based on business context and time constraints
- You get the important details right and are able to connect and articulate how details relate to the big picture
- You are curious, relentless and an excellent communicator
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual, with a sense of urgency, and a taste for adventure
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment. Seeks feedback and accepts constructive feedback and coaching on a consistent basis, with a continual desire to get better.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - many opportunities to continue to grow your career!
- Voted a Best Place to Work in the Valley several years running!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increases with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.