Data Analytics Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2500 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed, even at a time that other mortgage lenders are retrenching or exiting the business.
As one of our earliest hires for this early stage business, you will have to stretch yourself outside of just “analytics.” You will lead the effort to think deeply about the business and use data and insights to drive business impact. Your work will inform marketing strategy and channel spend, influence sales activities such as staffing models and lead allocation methods, and uncover areas for operational improvements. You will thoughtfully construct new data assets, build usable reports, communicate early insights and make business recommendations based on what you find. Each day will be a new adventure, and each day provides the possibility of breakthrough findings.
You will be a part of the Enterprise Analytics team and will have a direct working relationship with the President of the Lendage business and your teammates across Product, Sales, and Operations. In addition to driving the data and analytics progression for a young, quickly growing business, you will debate and influence business and technical strategies to help us achieve the growth we’re projecting.
- Be a part of a core, high-impact team growing the Lendage business line
- Lead the effort to deliver data, reporting and strategic insights that drive ongoing Business Strategy, Product and Operations decisions
- Develop data infrastructure, reporting and analytics roadmaps, establishing key milestones and deliverables
- Build reports with key take-aways that are delivered in a reliable, consistent, accessible, timely manner to support our mission and pace of growth
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to develop structured data models that support core reporting and analytics priorities
- Develop consistent KPIs, reporting and documentation, including technical definitions
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative
- Lead strong partnerships within the Lendage and Analytics organizations
Your background and characteristics:
- You have 8+ years of experience building and leading an analytical function at a growing company
- You have strong, hands-on experience and technical proficiency in SQL, and Tableau or equivalent BI tool for 3+ years
- You have led significant projects or teams that included work from data analysts, data engineers, and/or data scientists and are adept at keeping cross-functional teams aligned and on track
- You are comfortable as an individual contributor on a scrappy team but also have experience making a strategic impact at a leadership level, including interacting with other leaders on complex issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions
- You are adept at getting your hands dirty in order to make sense of raw data, to generate reports and associated insights from that data, and finally to make recommendations to business leaders based on your findings
- You have a deep technical background in analytics, applied data science, and reporting spanning some or all of: analytics, statistics, experimentation, modeling, optimization techniques, data engineering & architecture, and product or growth analytics
- You have a strong understanding on how data should be captured, stored and structured in data warehousing environment
- You are skilled at operating in a cross-functional organization or company where you need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines
- You bring a new and diverse perspective. You have exceptional communication skills. You are articulate with both technical and business partners
- You have developed dashboards and ad-hoc analysis that provide visibility into customer acquisition and operations
- You have experience analyzing financial performance and profitability
- You are strong across written communication as well as oral presentations. You are an active listener
- You are naturally conscious of who needs to know what, and proactively seek to share important context accordingly
- You are enthusiastic about Freedom’s core values and culture
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.