Credit Analysis Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
At Freedom Financial, we are building leading information based lending franchises. You will be part of a small team powering the continued growth of our FreedomPlus and ConsolidationPlus loan portfolios. As an analytic professional in our lending businesses, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to address major company challenges. You will do it in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
This person must have excellent analytical capabilities in order to create accurate, thoughtful, clear recommendations that drive how we manage our business. Statistical Analysis, data mining, Advanced Excel, SQL skills, Machine Learning, highly effective communication skills, an entrepreneurial and proactive approach, exceptional time management and an ability to comfortably work with senior management are also critical for success in this role.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· 4+ years of experience with unsecured or auto loan credit risk analysis focused on credit policy / pricing / loss forecasting
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Scientific field, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Accounting
· Strong analytic problem solving ability
· Ability to influence others
· Performance and results driven
· Able to manage projects from start to finish
· Very strong MS Excel skills
· Minimum level of Math coursework: Calculus 1, Statistics 1 (math problem solving skills required)
· 7+ years of experience in quantitative business analysis, data science, and/or statistical analysis;
or relevant Master’s Degree / MBA with 5+ years of experience
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Research , Industrial Engineering, Scientific field, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Accounting
· Prior experience in one or more of more of: business analysis, statistical model building, SQL querying, consulting
· SQL querying skills
· Tableau for developing business reports
· Coursework in Statistical Programming, Simulation, Regression
· Knowledge of and ability to interpret Probability Distributions, Hypothesis Testing, Regression techniques like Logistic Regression, Confidence Intervals
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.