WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
About the Role:
Freedom is seeking an experienced attorney to provide legal advice and support to the company on corporate governance, corporate secretarial and other general corporate transactional matters. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating with considerable latitude and possess a strong background in handling diverse legal issues, superior academic and professional credentials, and a business-oriented approach to solving legal problems.
- Negotiate, review, draft and revise contracts, corporate transactional documents, regulatory filings and other legal documents
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to executives and other business leaders on a variety of legal topics (securities, corporate governance, corporate finance, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, etc.)
- Counsel and support leadership members, including board of directors and senior leadership
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal governance policies
- Research and evaluate risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Proactively identify and resolve legal challenges and mitigate future risks
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (auditors, regulators, external counsel, etc.)
- Monitor regulatory requirements and developments to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Education and Years of Experience:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- 3-6 years of experience practicing general corporate transactional or governance law
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant corporate experience in a national law firm or corporate legal department
- Solid understanding of substantive laws and regulations applicable to financial services companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build collegial and effective relationships with colleagues and employees at all levels of the company
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
- Ability to rapidly synthesize new information and make timely, well-grounded decisions
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday