Corporate Accounting Manager - Remote Work From Home
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a bright and energetic Corporate Accounting Manager to join our rapidly scaling company as we continue our journey through a large-scale digital transformation and growth strategy. In this remote position, you will report to our Sr. Director, Corporate Accounting and help drive process improvements and evaluate opportunities to automate and enhance systems. As the Accounting SME, you will work closely with our Finance and Accounting Teams.
This role will offer you a combination of technical accounting and operational accounting duties. One of the main duties of the role entails working closely as a business partner with numerous senior level members of the IT, Engineering and Product teams. The Corporate Accounting Manager will help to interpret, present and explain certain accounting activities to management and external auditors.
The perfect candidate will bring a "Business Partner" mindset and thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm. If you are creative and passionate and want to work with like-minded people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Drive the company’s Internally Developed Software accounting process, evaluate opportunities to automate and enhance the process. Collaborate with IT and Engineering leaders to understand and correctly account for current projects
- Partner closely with the FP&A Team on Fixed Asset and Internally Developed Software accounting activity
- Develop and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with external auditors and cross-functional internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Corporate FP&A, Treasury, Legal and IT)
- Support monthly and quarterly General Ledger close process by preparing, reviewing and approving journal entries and validating balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and validate accuracy of various financial reports for monthly review meetings and investor reporting
- Support Corporate Accounting Team in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the close processes
- Gather, analyze and summarize financial data, resolve issues and manage deadlines
- Ability to lead and drive ad hoc projects to a close
This Role Is Right For You if You Are:
- An independent, logical, and framework-based thinker with ability to identify process improvements and drive them through
- Experienced in analyzing and interpreting accounting transactions and financial issues
- Action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging
- Comfortable communicating with employees at all levels across the organization
- Of the "whatever it takes" mindset - that no project is too big or too small
- Keen to learn and do more
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting
- CPA Required (active or inactive)
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- S. public accounting audit experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Mastery of accounting principles and practices (U.S. GAAP), controls, analyses and reconciliations
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and interpreting accounting transactions and financial issues
- Proven leadership skills, combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Collaborative working style and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.