Who we are
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom’s mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with two people in a spare bedroom has expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as “The Freedom Family”) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. We believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This high-impact creative role is responsible for concepting and writing innovative, high-quality, high-impact creative that drives the business forward. It demands a smart, highly motivated creative professional who has strong collaboration skills.
To succeed in this role, you need to be data-driven and passionate about connecting with the end user to compel action. You must also have a desire to continually innovate, improve processes, and drive results! You’re organized and enjoy working with team members to quickly and methodically iterate creative to run experiments and learn what moves the needle.
- Concept and execute copy for digital direct response creative across multiple channels, including display, native, email, etc.
- Write copy for secondary acquisition assets, including landing pages and video collateral.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Source images and other content as needed
- Partner with acquisition channel managers to improve ROI by understanding channel dynamics, challenges, and unlocking creative opportunities that drive performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate with channel managers and the partner team to uncover insights through performance data, and use those insights to inform creative development for maximum relevance and impact.
- Work within an agile and iterative cycle of hypothesize, test, and learn (especially around messaging) to efficiently scale campaigns.
- Manage the workflow and production timelines of creative assets to ensure projects stay on track; streamline processes wherever possible to improve efficiency and alignment.
- Continually partner with the Compliance team to ensure all acquisition creative is compliant.
- Maintain accurate, Compliance-approved marketing claims to leverage in acquisition marketing.
- Stay on top of creative acquisition trends across the digital landscape, identifying opportunities to test; share learnings and best practices with the team to inspire creative ideas.
- Support Growth Creative team members as necessary to ensure projects are completed, compliant and effective!
- 2+ years experience in digital direct response creative in a writing role
- A storyteller at heart, you are skilled at understanding the “why” behind the “what,” and leverage the art and science of marketing to drive outcomes.
- Resourceful, self-starter with a drive to deliver high quality creatives that perform.
- Strong project management, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Working knowledge and understanding of online marketing performance KPI and metrics.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate in an effective, engaging way.
- Solutions-focused approach to conflict and ability to build consensus in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience in financial services or another highly regulated industry
- Experience writing ads for Facebook
- Experience with offline creative a plus
- Friendly and team-oriented. We make each other better!