Contract Accounts Payable Specialist
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Accounts Payable Specialist plays a key role with the responsibility to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all disbursements while maintaining adequate internal controls. Works within the AP team to help establish the processes and system improvements to increase the efficiency of the department based on best practices. Our ideal candidate is a dedicated team player with an entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated. You will work closely with all departments and will be seen as the subject matter expert (SME).
- Review invoices correctly and timely in Concur Invoice/ Oracle Fusion
- Respond timely and accurately to vendor inquiries.
- Monitor timely payments within Concur Invoice/ Oracle Fusion
- Setting up ACH Payments, wire transfers, and one-off checks
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Reconcile Accounts Payable transactions
- Assist with the monthly close process including Accruals
- Assist in preparation of 1099’s
- Creating new vendors
- Concur Invoice or other large ERP experience desirable
- General accounting knowledge is desirable but not required
- Expense report processing in Concur Expense
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree or comparable work experience is required
- 2-5 years of Mid to Large company work experience
- Full cycle accounts payable experience
- Must be hands-on, organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and have strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Should demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact professionally with internal and external customers, with great customer service.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Must have public and private company experience
- Ability to work within a team to achieve the team’s specific and overall goals
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader. Thank you for your consideration.