Compliance Officer Consumer Loans
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We’re growing and adding a new role to our Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM) Compliance Team. The Compliance Officer will be a subject matter expert tasked to provide compliance support of our consumer lending business units. This position will work across our current consumer lending product offerings and their support functions. Our ideal candidate brings demonstrated subject matter expertise and application of consumer protection laws and regulations in the following:
TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, TCPA, FDCPA, SCRA, EFTA, TSR
The successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills, an ability to thrive on learning new things and strong collaboration skills
- Help evolve FFAM’s current compliance framework(s) and controls
- Assess and advise on the mitigation of compliance risks
- Provide guidance to business partners on compliance issues
- Assist with preparation and execution of risk assessments of each business unit and present to management
- Assist with external audit requests; involving data gathering, gap identification, and issue tracking and response
- Stay current on compliance industry trends, and help devise roadmap to meet any relevant updated compliance regulation
- Provide compliance input for business procedures, new projects and tools being implemented
- Execute and enhance compliance training
- Develop strong, productive working relationships with internal customers. As a trusted advisor to various business units, maintain a strong grasp of the evolving FFAM business model, processes, systems, and associated controls; propose and influence positive change in these areas
- Monitor and escalate as warranted all open compliance findings until satisfactorily resolved
- Review and respond to compliance related findings issued by internal and external parties
- Assist in reviewing marketing materials
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- 6-8 years substantive experience in consumer lending compliance with a licensed financial institution or a regulatory compliance examiner
- Documented compliance history supporting UDAAP and Sales Practices
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificity of our unique business model and technology
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to the FFAM business
- Familiarity with GRC applications, Microsoft Office, and other software
- Ability to prioritize and be agile in a fast-moving, complex environment
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.