Chief Operating Officer (COO)- Lending
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Chief Operating Officer
Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM), the lending division of FFN that provides unsecured personal loans to consumers primarily for the purpose of debt consolidation, has announced its search for a Chief Operating Officer. We are seeking a talented, experienced financial services executive who possesses strong strategic thinking skills, and has broad experience in all phases of consumer lending/servicing from customer acquisition to collections. This position will manage all operational portions of the lending division and help grow the overall business while ensuring compliance with regulatory, service and operating agreements. The ideal candidate will lead people development, technology and operational improvements to enhance our service to our clients and implement all initiatives for FFAM’s continued growth, including product expansion (which could include auto, secured, and mortgage expansion).
THE PRIMARY ROLE:
- Provide strategic direction, business plans, and oversight to ensure the maximization of production while maintaining efficient and compliant operations.
- Drives innovation around client acquisition, client experience and the technical platform in collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams.
- Responsible for P/L for all loan products including achieving annual growth, revenue and profit objectives and long term value creation.
- Provides strategic input to drive optimal credit model strategies.
- Oversee the critical functions of sales, underwriting, pricing, servicing and collections.
- Responsible for the recruitment and employment of professional and qualified individuals for all staff positions.
- Assist with the development, preparation and implementation of annual budgets for FFAM consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Responsible for communication and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Help develop and execute marketing and customer acquisition strategy to increase loan volume, market share and profitability while maintaining credit performance objectives.
- Collaborate on development and lead execution of new lending products.
- Assist in the development, pricing, and marketing of services that add value to prospective consumers.
- Actively participate in the consumer lending communities to keep abreast of emerging trends, market, and regulatory changes.
- A bachelor's degree in business, economics or finance is required. An MBA is preferred. 8-10 years of progressive executive level management experience in the consumer lending industry required.
- Must have a proven record of generating and maintaining C-level relations in the financial services industry.
- Must possess strong leadership and business management skills.
- Must be highly organized and capable of managing multiple competing priorities.
- Must have a results-driven approach to achieving tasks and objectives with an urgency for follow-thru on pending items.
- Must have demonstrated strong analytical capabilities and comfort working with large data sets.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer lending industry, regulatory environment and financial markets.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and high growth environments
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ, with annual revenue of over $600 million. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.