Capital Markets Associate
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day
Our Capital Markets Team is looking for a strong Capital Markets Associate who will play a vital role in securitization and warehouse programs.
- Assist in running the Consumer ABS program, with a focus on streamlining operations, adding new investors and collaborating with rating agencies to optimize execution.
- Help conceptualize and structure innovative securitization transactions.
- Contribute to negotiations of new and existing warehouse facilities.
- Build strong relationships with new and existing investors to help raise both debt and equity capital into the firms funding vehicles by actively communicating and preparing performance materials.
- Contribute strategic analysis and insights on the competitive landscape and source new opportunities inside and outside of consumer ABS including new lending product ideas and potential M&A.
- Collaborate internally with product, finance, credit and operations teams to provide a capital markets perspective into the FP&A and business strategy processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related field required
- 2+ years relevant experience in investment banking, debt markets or related analytical finance/accounting roles.
- Strong understanding of financial debt instruments and ABS structured products.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Advanced excel/access skills (ie power pivot, macros, queries)
- Team-player with positive attitude and ability to thrive within a rapidly changing environment.
- CPA or CFA a plus.