WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Buyer position is an entry level opportunity for someone who does not have an extensive Procurement background. This position will assist the Procurement Manager in purchasing materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization. The Buyer will also be involved in qualifying vendors, evaluating bids, negotiating prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Additional responsibilities include, monitoring vendor quality and maintaining a current database of vendor information. Buyer will be responsible for learning and upholding the established purchasing methods, policies and procedures of the organization and will conduct all business in accordance with such guidelines. Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay and a fun team environment!
- Process / prepare purchase orders, agreements and other documents required to acquire new or additional materials.
- Participates in material cost reduction projects.
- Assist in coordinating corrective actions with suppliers to ensure that delivery and quality standards are met.
- Prepare reports and keeps requestors informed on delivery and facilitate actions when needed.
- Process invoices and manage debits, credits and delivery clarification.· Check requisitions for completeness and clarity. Obtain necessary missing information where required.
- Shop for the best sources.
- Obtain and analyze bids in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Review purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies with the supplier to the best possible advantage for the organization.
- Follow-up / expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules.
- Keep the Purchasing Manager informed of all activities or problems and submit reports as requested.
- High School Diploma required. Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in procurement or customer service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as statistical data, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Strong customer service abilities
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: oT4Aafwr