Business Analysis Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2500 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
This person will be part of an analytic team powering continued growth of our FreedomPlus and ConsolidationPlus loan portfolios.
This person will focus in 2021 and 2022 primarily on driving automation of manual underwriting. This is one of our highest priority initiatives during 2021. We have a clear agenda and need really strong “get it done” leadership and project management to be successful. This person will also play a major role in driving future improvements in our manual underwriting operations and credit policy.
Hiring manager (VP level) is seeking someone who can take on a meaningful share of his duties, in order to enable team to increase quantity and speed of delivery. This will come from this person taking on specific improvement agendas, partnering with technology teams, overseeing analysts to develop proposals and/or providing direct oversight to ensure changes are implemented correctly. This person must have the ability to fully deliver on changes, from idea through successful implementation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· 5+ years of experience with unsecured loan, credit card, or auto loans credit policy analysis and/or operations
· 2+ years of direct experience working in / on manual underwriting operations OR direct experience focused on improving credit policy
· 2+ years working in an analytic role or working closely with analytic professionals
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Scientific field, Finance, or Accounting
· Experience leveraging PowerPoint to outline data driven executive level proposals
· Ability to analyze data to identify improvement opportunities
· Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and direction
· Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to diverse groups (executives, product managers, operations)
· Able to manage projects from start to finish
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Capable SQL skills
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering
· 8+ years of experience with unsecured loan, credit card, or auto loans credit policy analysis and/or operations
· 2+ years working in a consulting firm
· Experience leveraging PowerPoint to outline and communicate analytic results
· Understanding of how to leverage regression analysis and decision trees to prove merits of a proposed improvement
· Experience developing financial models in Excel
· Strong SQL skills
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.