BSA Compliance Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex problems, researching interesting topics, and proactively collaborating with colleagues to join Freedom Financial Network as a Compliance Analyst in supporting the Compliance Department for its Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM) business. Based in Tempe, AZ, this individual will report to the Compliance Manager and contribute to a strong and innovative compliance and risk management culture. This role will have a major impact on the team in helping us improve processes and procedures and adjust our practices as we grow, products change, and regulations shift. In particular, this individual will be instrumental in supporting our third-party risk management program, compliance audit, and other projects.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to thrive on learning new things every day in a fast-paced environment and is obsessed with detail.
- Understand the ‘big picture’ view of compliance and how it aligns with FFAM’s overall business strategy
- Help evolve internal controls around compliance frameworks to contextualize to FFAM’s environment
- Assess and advise on the mitigation of compliance risks
- Provide guidance to business partners on compliance issues
- Maintain internal knowledge resources, such as a knowledge base for compliance
- Stay current on compliance industry trends, and devise plans for FFAM to meet any relevant updated compliance regulation
- Provide compliance input for business procedures, new projects and tools being implemented
- Manage the compliance training and assist with the vendor management programs
- Develop strong, productive working relationships with internal customers. As a trusted advisor to various business units, maintain a strong grasp of the evolving FFAM business model, processes, systems, and associated controls; propose and influence positive change in these areas
- Monitor and escalate as warranted all open compliance findings until satisfactorily resolved
- Prepare reports on the results and performance of the Compliance Program. Make recommendations to improve processes, lessen risks to the business, and improve future audit results
- Review and respond to compliance related findings issued by internal and external parties
- Assist in reviewing marketing materials
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- 3-5 years substantive experience as a bank BSA/AML Compliance Officer with a licensed financial institution or a regulatory compliance examiner with a federal or state financial services regulator
- OFAC hit and clearing screening
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificity of our unique business model and technology
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to FDR’s business
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions
- Ability to address challenging issues while remaining objective and independent
- Collaborative, able to influence, negotiate and solve problems with business partners and expert teams across the organizational lines
- Willingness and ability to explore technology solutions to create operational efficiencies
- Able to communicate effectively, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, TCPA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA – FTC Telemarketing Sales Rules a plus
- Experience conducting compliance monitoring and testing
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.