Brand Creative Director
Brand Creative Director
Freedom Financial Network
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company with a story to tell. A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it "Best Places to Work". Whose customers say things like "they saved my marriage", "they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money," and "I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner."
We are looking for a seasoned and visionary Brand Creative Director who will play a critical role in shaping how we tell our company story and communicate our brand promise to both our target consumers and key non-consumer audiences. Reporting to the VP Brand, you will evolve the expression of our company brand today and lead our transformation to a new brand identity. You will be central to helping us to build a leading consumer-focused, relationship-driven financial services brand that will make a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of consumers who want to improve their finances.
As Brand Creative Director, you will drive the expression of our current and future brand and will build a best-in-class Creative Team who will bring our brand to life via our websites, social media, brand launches, above-the-line campaigns, sponsorships, influencers, events, and all company- and brand-level assets and collateral. You will develop creative guidelines and messaging that empower all stakeholders to tell our company story in a way that is credible, human, empathetic, and authentic. You will guide and collaborate with Brand Marketing, Product Design, Growth Marketing, Lifecycle Marketing, Corporate Communications, business unit leaders, and senior leadership to implement the brand identity and deliver a consistent brand experience across all consumer and non-consumer touchpoints.
To be successful in this role, you must have a clear creative vision as well as an understanding of the systems and processes needed to make that vision a reality. You understand the value of a brand and you are passionate about telling compelling stories that embody and express a brand. You are a natural champion for the consumers you serve. And you are a leader that knows how to inspire both a talented internal creative team and external agencies to do their best work together. Finally, you are a skilled, respected collaborator and are able to influence other leaders, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to align around a common brand vision and consistent brand delivery across the company.
- Evolve and implement our company brand identity and deliver compelling creative that builds and amplifies our brand to all our critical audiences and across all mediums and channels.
- Deliver unique, differentiated creative that delivers against our business goals including: build brand awareness, drive engagement, build trust, and improve conversion.
- Articulate a clear brand vision and guidelines to enable our current brands, products, and identities to evolve to a coherent and consistent visual and verbal identity.
- Build and lead a best-in-class Brand Creative Team of art directors, designers, writers, video producers/editors, and content creators.
- Source and manage key external agencies for: brand identity development (in place), brand creative development, content production, social influencer content, and other external creative partners to support our brand marketing goals.
- Engage with our brand identity agency to finalize our new brand identity. Translate new brand identity and guidelines into creative guidelines and compelling, unique, differentiated creative that builds brand awareness, consideration, trust, and engagement.
- Define and implement critical creative processes and systems to enable compelling, consistent, and effective development of brand creative across initiatives, teams, and timelines.
- Forge strong, collaborative and effective relationships with partners in Brand Marketing, Corporate Comms, Product/UX design, Growth Creative, and Lifecycle Marketing to enable a consistent expression of the brand while supporting their teams’ specific goals and KPI’s.
- Partner with Product/UX Design to help translate brand guidelines into efficient product and UX design systems, templates, and components. Partner with UX Design Leader to align on brand direction and ensure consistent brand delivery across corporate and product websites.
- Partner with Growth Creative Team to translate the brand guidelines into existing performance creative development and testing frameworks to deliver creative that is brand-aligned and continues to deliver on performance marketing KPI’s.
- 10+ years relevant experience developing brand-level creative at an agency or leading an internal creative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in the creative field (or applicable experience) - with a strong background and proven success in copywriting/content or visual/graphic design.
- Relevant creative development experience in consumer financial services preferred - in banking, lending, debt solutions, or fintech.
- Track record of exceptional leadership. Able to build a team of top creative talent to deliver breakthrough creative and build a relevant, meaningful and loved consumer brand. Your creative teams love you and are inspired to do their best work.
- Demonstrated success building effective creative rooted in deep consumer insights. You are passionate about understanding consumers and developing creative that resonates with them and builds a deep long-term connection with a brand.
- You thrive on being an advocate for a great company. You are passionate about doing the right thing by our customers, our employees, and our community
- Forward-thinking, optimistic, and strategic. Success building a brand identity or evolving one.
- Positive, collaborative team leader and team member who can work closely with, empower, and influence other leaders and stakeholders to deliver a consistent brand experience across teams, initiatives and touchpoints.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2 nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible time off (no cap)
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This position is available in San Mateo.