WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a highly effective and collaborative Benefits Manager to oversee multi-state programs for Freedom Financial Network. The Benefits Manager's role is to engage our employee population by communicating the value of our benefits programs and to ensure effective benefits administration.
We are beginning to leverage a shared services model to support our employees and the right candidate will help us to scale this delivery model.
The right candidate will have a "total rewards" mentality, demonstrates a thoughtful approach to balancing both business and employee needs, and has a deep understanding of plan administration.
- Play a key role in executing a company-wide benefits strategy that aligns with and supports Freedom Financial Networks great culture and ambitious business objectives.
- Evolve and scale the practices related to leave of absence (LOA), reasonable accommodation and ergonomic support programs to support company growth while ensuring our actions embody how we care for our employees. Key deliverables include developing easy to understand education and processes, designing guidelines that help align the involved parties involved and serve as provide balanced guidance to key stakeholders.
- Partner with our broader total rewards team and brokers to propose, review and implement benefits program plans that are innovative, cost-responsible and truly meaningful to Freedom Financial Network employees.
- Support our HR Shared Services team by helping develop scalable processes, creating effective communication materials to enable employee self-service, and educate entry-level HR employees so they can resolve a large percentage of general benefits inquiries.
- Serve as a trusted resource for complex benefits problems.
- Keep the “pulse” of employee feedback and external factors that impact our program offerings and recommend changes.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefit programs including health & welfare, 401(k), wellness initiatives with measurable ROI, pay for time off and more. Partner with Benefits Analyst to manage compliance requirements such as Form 5500 and 401K audit.
- Identify and reduce day-to-day obstacles that erode a positive employee experience and\or and decrease the quality or efficiency of our administrative processes.
- Drive the annual open enrollment process, involved in all phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication plan, conducting employee meetings, etc.
- Comfortable taking a hands-on approach to managing the benefits team and be skillful in mentoring and growing talent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in benefits, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Effective project management, organization, prioritization and execution skills.
- Ability to develop communication plans that are informative, professional and engaging.
- Exudes confidence and compassion when engaging the workforce from top to bottom.
- Track record of overseeing effective leave of absence (LOA), ergonomic and reasonable accommodation programs which included a high percentage of non-exempt employees.
- Highly effective communicator/collaborator, with the ability to influence others. Cultivate productive vendor relationships.
- Remains current on benefit plans including compliance, trends and technical knowledge, including self-funded plans.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and is known as a leader in employee engagement.
- Love for fast-paced environments where you can embrace ambiguity and get the right things done.
- Intermediate level Excel skills.
- Familiarity with HRIS system configuration
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees
- Health benefits start the first of the month following hire
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day.
If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you.
Job Reference #: oxVvafwR