Benefits Administrator - LOA
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a compassionate and experienced Benefits Administrator - (LOA). You will work closely with our Director, Benefits supporting more than 2,500 employees in a complex, multi-location business environment.
The perfect candidate will bring a "Business Partner" mindset and thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm. If you are creative and passionate and want to work with like-minded people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Responsible for administrating the day-to-day operations of employee leave management (FMLA, CFRA, CAPFL, USERRA, ADAAA) and workers’ compensation and disability plans (STD, CASTD, LTD) in accordance with applicable State, Federal and international law
- Track data and reporting of metrics regarding leave utilization.
- Communicate and consult with employees and supervisors on the appropriate leave types, entitlements and available benefits in order to determine leave qualification and eligibility
- Develop documentation and maintain files of approvals and rejections within established organizational guidelines
- Provide leave of absence guidance and direction to employees, HR Partners, Managers and Payroll
The Role is Right For You if You have:
- Knowledge of the FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, and other local, state and federal leave laws, as well as best practice for employee leave communication and process improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to have the appropriate level of interaction with customers interpreting policies, procedures and technical applications in a positive fashion.
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven to be a team player with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with all levels of the organization to ensure all parties understand their responsibilities during an individual's absence; ability to communicate in regards to sensitive situations with high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to employees, facilitate timely conflict resolution, and use sound judgment in triaging and escalating issues
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to build credibility and trust with employees, HR and management
What You’ll Bring:
- Recent LOA experience in a corporate environment
- 2-3 years of HR experience preferred, with 1year of experience in leave administration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
- A strong drive to succeed and exceed goals
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral, a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, and one of Phoenix Business Journal’s 2022 Healthiest Employers, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.