Bankruptcy Specialist - Loan Servicing
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 1700 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
The Advanced Loan Servicing Bankruptcy Specialist I will be responsible for executing upon day-to-day loan support for the Consolidation Plus and Freedom Plus lending programs.
As an Advanced Loan Servicing Bankruptcy Specialist I, they will be required to make regular follow ups on borrower accounts, document all communication in the loan servicing system, and be able to persuade borrowers to continue making monthly payments.
- Reviewing and uploading bankruptcy documentation to system of record
- Filing proof of claims and monitoring the bankruptcy portfolio daily
- Answer inbound calls from borrowers, trustees and attorneys to address loan status
- Work with Product Management to design systemic workflows, introduction of third party bankruptcy status data, and a suite of reporting to allow for on-going management of the bankruptcy portfolio.
- Maintain records of contacts and accurately disposition result ensuring all clients’ personal financial data is stored and disposed of as required
- 3-5 years of Bankruptcy loan servicing and call center exposure
- Deep knowledge and demonstration on the application of Bankruptcy laws and regulations
- Proficient in Bankruptcy workflow tools such as Pacer
- Strong English communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Ability to successfully multi-task and independently prioritize tasks according to department goals and objectives
- Experience using Nortridge loan and collections platform is a plus
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job Reference #: o9e59fwl