Banking Vendor Relationship Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
The FFAM Banking Vendor Relationship Manager (BVRM) is the person responsible for the effective management of various banking and vendor partner relationships for the FFAM Lending Organization. The BVRM will be the single point of contact for these relationships, serving as each consultant, program manager, analyst, and strategist to drive the best use of these partners including adherence to contract standards of performance, reporting, expense management, and on-going business review discussions to best understand performance and opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in a call center environment, understand the inner workings of the lending industry, have strong communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management abilities. This role will require a strong ability to balance the analytical with the relational.
- Single point of contact with each of FFAM’s two key banking partners. Responsible for managing ongoing interactions, to understand and address the needs of each partner (to include FFAM), coordinate requests on new or emerging issues, and ensuring adherence to contract standards for performance and reporting.
- As part of the SPOC for banking partners, provide Senior FFAM Leadership with insights and trends seen or gathered in discussions with these partners. Act as the “first line of defense” in the identification of concerns, act to drive understanding broadly across FFAM, and where applicable provide strategic direction on ways to improve or address these concerns.
- Participate in periodic contract reviews and strategic initiatives with these partners, ensuring clear and concise documentation of efforts.
- Ensure clear and concise documentation and change control management. Design, build out, and own a change management tool that will allow for a broad understanding of changes and validate with potentially impacted internal business partners that the appropriate sign-offs are obtained.
- Work closely with Compliance and Risk Management to understand their interactions with the banking partners and be available to assist or complement these efforts.
- Single POC with each of FFAM’s two back up servicing vendors. Ensure that all facets of these relationships are clear, understood, changes are documented, and that periodic vendor reviews are conducted to ensure readiness in case of need for these services. Participate in regular contract renewals, and offer recommendations as identified to allow for an optimal relationship with FFAM.
- Working closely with Finance, develop and maintain regular reporting around vendor expenses. Identify opportunities to reduce costs and drive efforts to bring greater transparency and ongoing review of expenses generated from key vendor partners.
- Work with vendors and business owners to meet any training needs on tools or services provided at regular intervals in such a way as to allow maximum effectiveness.
- Minimum of 5+ years in Vendor Management with direct knowledge of new vendor acquisition and ongoing management of vendor performance.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Call Center Operations, preferably in the Financial Lending or Banking space, with coverage for activities such as sales, customer services, or default management.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills and communication, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute on approved business cases
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and ability to interpret performance data
- Proven ability to identify and execute process improvements
- A high level of curiosity, a willingness to investigate new or trending opportunities, and to think critically about how these opportunities can be leveraged for the betterment of the FFAM team, our partners, and our customers.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.