Associate Product Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Associate Product Manager (APM) will be responsible for supporting an Agile development team, working with one or more product owners to help those product owners work more effectively. This role serves as a stepping stone to becoming a product manager and will receive guidance and mentorship from the product owners. Meanwhile, the APM will hold many of the same responsibilities that product managers do: collecting quantitative product data and metrics, synthesizing customer research, gathering requirements, and coordinating with stakeholders. This is a key role as part of our product management and engineering teams, and has a direct impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of company operations.
We seek an individual with highly effective communication skills, exceptional time management skills, and an entrepreneurial and proactive approach. An ability to comfortably work with both senior management as well as end users is also critical for success in this role.
Research and finding opportunity (20%)
- Support discovery efforts and help identify opportunities for achieving positive outcomes through information systems and/or non-system changes
- Analyzing product data to make product recommendations
- Work with members of Product, Engineering, Business Intelligence and Operations to determine the best methods of achieving designated outcomes
Day-to-day Support of a Product Team (40%)
- Assist in analyzing the feasibility of, and developing requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users
- Assist in prioritizing stories based on estimated impact to the key metrics
- Author stories that provide context and acceptance criteria for projects, features, and enhancement requests
- Assist with tracking and documenting changes for functional and business stories
- Schedule and run sprint ceremonies and other team-related events as necessary
- Communicate regular progress updates to stakeholders
Supporting and assessing changes (40%)
- Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) team and assist with QA directly when necessary
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with end users, validate findings and support product owners with release related activities
- Track, triage, and help resolve defects and bugs reported by end users. Advise on interim operational solutions with Engineering.
- Act as a liaison between departmental end-users, technology teams, product, and training teams
- Work with Business Intelligence to track impacts to the target metrics and assess whether desired outcomes have been achieved
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Business, Economics or Analytics required or four years of equivalent experience in a Junior Product Manager or Business Analyst role which included experience with application architectures, databases, SQL, API’s etc.
- Prefer 2 years of data analyst, engineering or design experience
- Outcome-focused, data-driven mindset
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment in which you will need to simultaneously manage multiple projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Ability to capture business context and acceptance criteria into a story
- Experience working in an Agile environment and familiarity with all typical sprint ceremonies
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to develop recommendations and present findings to the product and scrum teams
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!