Advanced Loan Servicing Manager; Collections
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Launched in June 2016 with founding limited partners Freedom Financial Network and Stone Point Capital, FCCF funds the Freedom Financial Asset Management (FFAM) subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network. FFAM offers personal loans to help consumers consolidate their debts, lower interest rates and convert revolving debt into fixed-amortizing installment loans.
The Advanced Loan Servicing Manager; Collections is responsible for providing support and leadership for the internal Collections Team at FFAM. The Manager is responsible for the daily achievement of production and performance objectives, that the team is highly trained and motivated to provide a premium customer experience, and will be counted out to drive forward thinking strategies and processes that allows for the effective management of FFAM loan accounts. The Manager will be responsible for resource deployment, hiring, performance management, and work in tandem with other leaders to drive overall process improvement within the Loan Servicing team. The Manager will also be relied upon to be forward thinking, to identify and bring into production best practices, and to ensure that their operation is running to its full potential.
- “Know Your Business”. Ensure the daily efficient management of the Collections staff so as to drive the best possible performance and productivity. Be aware of performance to objective, be nimble in the management of the organization, be aware of obstacles and offer both options and solutions, and act with urgency when it comes to the successful achievement of goal.
- Hire, train, and retain a team of highly successful and engaged collection staff. Ensure that each team member is provided the tools to be successful, the direction necessary to deliver consistently, and the environment in which to succeed, both personally and professionally.
- Monitor and measure activities so as to ensure success. Know and understand the key metrics that drive the business, how to identify and act on trends, how to explore and expand on best practices and how to use data to drive successful strategies. Know fully the KPI’s and OKR’s that drive the business.
- Perform all required administrative duties to ensure the successful management of the team. Performance reviews, scorecards, schedules, development plans, adherence schedules must all be managed effectively and efficiently.
- Work in concert with the Quality Assurance/Insights Team to monitor customer interactions and employee expectations to standards.
- Communicate in a transparent manner; manage communications through floor huddles, one on one’s and staff meetings to ensure a consistency in messaging at all times. Seek out and act on feedback given by peers, leaders, and team members alike.
- Work with Risk Management and Compliance to ensure all policies and procedures are current and part of the new hire and on-going training curriculum. Work closely with Risk Management on audit findings, act to completion on action plans, and ensure the fullest level of compliance at all times.
- Work with leadership and the Product Development team to identify process and tool enhancements that will allow for the advancement of the team. Be aware of industry trends, seek out information on best practices, and offer an on-going dialogue on ways in which to improve practices at all times.
- Provide leadership for both a team of internal and external vendor partners. Work in concert with all vendor partners to ensure a consistency of performance and that they, like the internal staff, are provided with all the tools necessary to be successful.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience working in call center environments with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading collections teams in a supervisor or higher role
- Strong understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements governing lending operations
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements that result in efficiency and effectiveness gains
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to interpret financial data
- Proven ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Experience managing vendors and cross-functional teams
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to understand trends in delinquency
- Prove experience learning modern business practices and technologies
- Deep knowledge around a multiple channel collections strategy
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, #1 in Phoenix for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with 50% employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: oZsC9fwW