Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 1700 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Our Finance and Accounting Team is looking for a strong Accounting Specialist to expand this newly created department which will collaborate across two business units – Loan Servicing and Payment Operations. The Accounting Specialist will report to the Senior Manager of Portfolio Reconciliation. The mandate of the Portfolio Recon Team is to reconcile, remediate, and validate the loan workflow so the loan owners (Investors) can rely upon the integrity of FFAM’s reporting and that we can meet our service level agreements for accuracy and accessibility.
- Carry out daily reconciliations of client money bank accounts
- Liaising with payment operations and various teams across the business to investigate transactions within client accounts
- Communicate with leaders to address process improvements opportunities and remediate future reporting items.
- Participate with Manager to identify, document and update procedures.
- Validate integral loan transaction data
- Update monthly investor reports
- Process loan documents to loan buyers
- Fulfill ad hoc reporting and request needs as they occur
- 2-4 year of experience in reconciliations
- Strong attention to detail and determination with a high level of accuracy
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent numerical skills and enjoys working with data, especially in the excel environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
- A team-player, who can also take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy
- BS/BA degree BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Job Reference #: ozLubfwJ